A Senior Level Accountant assists the Regional Finance Director in a variety of roles and duties, which may include:
- Preparing, recording and/or reviewing financial transactions for the region;
- Reconciling accounts;
- Managing accounts receivable and/or accounts payable;
- Cash management;
- Payroll and benefits administration;
- Preparing and/or reviewing financial reports;
- Preparing and/or reviewing budget information;
- Tracking fixed assets and inventories;
- Account analysis and audit support;
- Reviewing and testing internal controls;
- Compliance and government reporting; and
- Addressing financial questions and inquiries from management and other staff members.
Furthermore, experienced Senior Accountants may serve as the acting Finance Director when the Regional Finance Director is absent from the office.
Four-year degree in Accounting (or equivalent as a professional accountant), understanding of US standards for financial statement preparation and familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required. Experience in a computerized accounting environment, managing foreign currencies, and not-for-profit fund accounting is a plus.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is a missionary role (not a direct hire) so the applicant, after being accepted, must, with TWR's assistance, develop a team of partners that will provide financially for your full salary and benefits and support you in prayer. TWR provides training, resources, materials, a personalized fund-raising video, online donation links, response slips or prayer cards, newsletter templates and regular coaching and prayer for ministry partnership development.