To provide engineering services for the operation, maintenance, and modification, of broadcast equipment so that encouraging and biblical messages can go out clearly and in a timely fashion to listeners in various parts of Africa especially those with limited access to the gospel.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions
- Work to ensure proper operation and repair of transmitters, antennas and associated equipment.
- Track and analyze technical problems that result in a loss of air time and seek solutions to reduce or eliminate them.
- Design and implement changes to transmitters and associated equipment with the concurrence of the Chief Engineer.
- Investigate, and solve repetitive equipment failures.
- Modify, redesign, or find equivalent replacement of obsolete failed circuit components where possible.
- Participate in the development of long-range planning of major facility modifications as needed.
- Ensure familiarization with the broadcast equipment, documentation and procedures.
- Provide engineering design and development plans for special projects as needed.
- Document new procedures and/or modifications to existing procedures.
- Provide support in various areas relating to the on-air operations, including programming, administrative and general maintenance functions.
- Assist in making cost predictions for the annual budget as needed.
- Ensure all work and testing is done with safety as a top priority.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements (college degree, number of years, etc.):
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent with an emphasis in radio communications or power electronics with at least one year of engineering experience preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is a missionary role (not a direct hire) so the applicant, after being accepted, must, with TWR's assistance, develop a team of partners that will provide financially for your full salary and benefits and support you in prayer. TWR provides training, resources, materials, a personalized fund-raising video, online donation links, response slips or prayer cards, newsletter templates and regular coaching and prayer for ministry partnership development.