The Database Administrator supports TWR globally by applying a high level of technical expertise to IT/IS systems at the Cary office data center and when needed to systems globally.
Essential functions include:
- Properly configure, tune and update Server environment to meet the performance levels needed to support TWR’s Back Office databases
- Regularly and adequately tune storage systems to handle TWR’s virtualized server environment, databases and end user files
- Stabilize, update and create a reliable database platform environment
- Optimize databases for performance with weekly and monthly maintenance plans
- Validate working backups of all Microsoft SQL servers, globally
- Setup and manage ETL jobs to support TWR’s data warehouse
- Support other TWR staff who develop reports against TWR’s data warehouse
- Document TWR’s data structures
- Write and manage SQL scripts for data structure creation
- Setup and manage user permissions for TWR’s databases
- Perform other database related tasks at the request of the director of Information System
PLEASE NOTE: This position is a missionary role (not a direct hire) so the applicant, after being accepted, must, with TWR's assistance, develop a team of partners that will provide financially for your full salary and benefits and support you in prayer. TWR provides training, resources, materials, a personalized fund-raising video, on-line donation links, response slips or prayer cards, newsletter templates and regular coaching and prayer for ministry partnership development.