Suggested Donation: $100.00
India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world, and it boasts a rich cultural heritage. It has achieved great socio-economic progress since its independence in 1947. India has become self-sufficient in agricultural production, and it is now one of the top 10 industrialized countries in the world. With a population of 1.15 billion, India is the world’s second most populous country. It is believed that Christianity first arrived in India about 2,000 years ago, but today a mere 2.3 percent of the population is Christian. (Source: JoshuaProject.net)
TWR seeks to bring the light of Jesus to the millions of souls in India through various programs and projects, such as:
- Orality Program in Bhojpuri - TWR-India seeks to broadcast 15-minute orality programs over shortwave, and proclaim God’s Word through oral methods – the method most Bhojpuri-speakers prefer. Along with broadcasting, we will also conduct systematic follow-up with listeners.
- Women of Hope (Assamese) – TWR seeks to meet the needs of women in Assam, through this holistic program that ministers to their spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
- Radio Home Groups - Many villages lack access to Christian resources and qualified teachers. TWR-India seeks to address this issue by organizing listeners into home groups and building up group facilitators. The vision is for these groups to grow together as they listen to the radio program and study God's Word.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) - Many youth in India need help and guidance, but withhold their questions for fear of being ridiculed or judged. TWR-India seeks to met this need by developing a toll-free, automated hotline service where callers will be able to access biblical advice; and if need be, request phone counselling from trained individuals.
- Church Leadership Development Seminars - In North India, there is about one percent of Christian. The need to reach out to this region to bring them to Christ is great. Majority of the church Pastors of mainline and emerging churches are untrained and many are even illiterate. In an effort to equip the pastors and new leaders, TWR conducts church leadership development seminars for them.
These are just some of the initiatives TWR has in India to reach this land for Christ. We ask you to prayerfully consider supporting this effort to reach India with the Word of God. A gift of $100 or more toward our annual need of $48,750 will help further TWR's outreach in this spiritually needy subcontinent.