Suggested Donation: 100.00
From 1975-1979, Cambodia was held in terror by the Khmer Rouge regime, and an estimated 2 million people lost their lives.* Christians, religious leaders and intellectuals were slaughtered by the thousands, leaving the nation in shambles for decades to come. More than half the population in Cambodia now is under the age of 21, deeply impacted by poverty, lack of education and the loss of family members. Cambodia has the highest rate of child abandonment in Southeast Asia.* Through this combination of FM radio programs and on-the-ground follow-up, TWR seeks to minister to the women, youth, children and oral communicators of Cambodia in projects such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Happy Children’s Garden is adapted from Mrs. G’s Bible Stories Alive and teaches Bible lessons as well as biblical traditions, religions, customs, culture and the geography of the Holy Land. This 15-minute program is broadcast weekly in Khmer.
- It’s Yours is produced by TWR Cambodia to proclaim the Creator to nonbelieving young people living in Cambodia's cities. It's Yours seeks to help young people understand what a purpose-filled life looks like and eventually to guide them to receive the Lord as their Savior, glorifying him as they grow in spiritual maturity. This 30-minute radio program is broadcast weekly in English and Khmer.
- Learning Through Listening is a program for Cambodian oral communicators. It communicates biblical truths through oral means, such as storytelling and songs, and provides bridges to help overcome common barriers that Cambodians may face when trying to understand the gospel. This 30-minute radio program is broadcast weekly in Khmer.
- Women of Hope (Khmer) caters to the great needs of the women of Cambodia. The program is designed to offer them compassion and hope, letting them know that they are understood and cared for and pointing them to Jesus Christ. This 30-minute program is broadcast weekly in Khmer.
Please consider financially supporting this ministry so that women, youth, children and oral learners in Cambodia may know the goodness of Jesus Christ.
* Operation World, 21st Century Edition