We're serving up a taste of TWR: holiday favorites from our tables to yours for all to enjoy! As we walk through our Advent of Glory series this season and celebrate the birth of our glorious Savior, we hope these recipes will bring you and yours together for a special time of feasting and togetherness.
Our Christmas “open house” at the Lodge guesthouse was a very festive occasion for the Americas office! Our Lodge Caregiver Manager, Dawn, made these beautiful and delicious Christmas cookies from I Heart Naptime, and they added so much to the table. With just a few ingredients, these simple yet festive treats are sure to warm up your holidays — we hope you’ll enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. almond extract
- green food coloring (optional)
- ½ cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, pudding mix and flour. Mix until combined. The mixture may seem dry at first but will come together after beating.
- Add the almond extract and green food coloring (if you want the cookies with a brighter green color). Finely chop the maraschino cherries. Using paper towels pat the cherries removing all the excess liquid. You want to make sure you dry all the red juice, otherwise it will affect the color of your cookies. Gently mix the chopped cherries. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 30 - 60 minutes or until firm.
- Roll one tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 9 -11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet. Once completely cooled sprinkle cookies with additional powdered sugar.
And there you have it — simple, tasty, delightful Christmas cookies to satisfy those pistachio cravings!
We hope some of these recipes have made their way to your tables this season, but mostly we pray they have inspired you to gather with your families, spend time around the table and enjoy those things that truly matter during this joyous time. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from all of us in the TWR family!