We're serving up a taste of TWR: holiday favorites from our tables to yours for all to enjoy! As we walk through our Advent of Glory series this season and celebrate the birth of our glorious Savior, we hope these recipes will bring you and yours together for a special time of feasting and togetherness.
Our on-site guest housing at our U.S. offices, affectionnately known as "the Lodge", gained a new assistant this year — and, among a littany of talents, she brought this next recipe with her! A member of the TWR family since 2016, Laura has been such an asset as she and Lodge Caregiver, Dawn, greet and care for our guests. This Christmas season, “the Lodge Ladies” hosted a beautiful open house for our office staff, including amazing scratch-made treats like this recipe from Laura’s grandmother. She and her three children made these beautiful and tasty sugar cookies for the event — and now, you can try them out just in time for Christmas!
- 1 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF, and prepare your baking sheet
- Cream together the powdered sugar, margarine, egg and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Once thoroughly combined, place in the fridge to chill.
- Next, roll out the dough and cut out into your desired shapes. Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
Remove from heat, allow to cool before icing (we suggest homemade) and decorate to your heart's content! Sprinkles are highly recommended.
Not only is this recipe a tasty bite of Christmas, but it’s a great way to spend time with loved ones as you decorate — just like Laura did! We hope you enjoy both!