Harry has been with TWR since 1981 and spent his first 14 years on Guam. He currently serves as director of the Europe Media Services Department in the Netherlands, through which all European, Middle Eastern, North African and Central Asian broadcast administration activities are coordinated.
Harry and Eileen met at a retreat for single missionaries in the French Alps in June 2002. Eileen left her ministry in Paris before they were married Oct. 4, 2003. After serving 12+ years as the office manager for TWR's location in Barneveld, Netherlands, she is now a support-raising trainer and coach in both the U.S. and Europe.
We are feeling the crunch of pre-Home Assignment pressure ... much to accomplish and organize before being in the U.S. for three months: July 25 - Oct. 25. We appreciate prayers for God's orchestration of all the details--both large and small!
6 July 2016
We are grateful that we had a wonderful, educational, and safe vacation in Normandy, France and SE England! Now for “catching up”!
Thank you for praying this week for …
- Harry as he has faces the big task of working on the projected 2017 airtime expense and income budgets for our region.
- Good productivity and creativity as I prepare for another Ministry Partnership Development training at our int’l headquarters in Cary, NC, July 25-27.
- Several National Partners in our region who are really suffering financially and with staff shortages.
- Two much-needed colleagues to be found for Harry’s department this year, with just the right skill set and missional motivation. Also, an accountant is needed for next year when the current one returns to the U.S.
- Conversations and situations that lead our non-believing friends closer to Christ.
- Our growing contacts with Syrian refugees and Arabic-speaking people—please pray that we are able to get Arabic media players in the hands of those who are seeking spiritual truth!
Harry is back to work in the Netherlands following our mandatory six-month U.S. Social Security residency stay. I stayed behind in Chicago in order to complete my specialized treatment for TMJ dysfunction. Please pray that this last phase goes well and that I will be able to return to the Netherlands in early March as hoped/planned!
We are both back in the Netherlands since early March and are very happy to be in our own home and sleeping in our own beds!! We greatly appreciate prayer for positive results for a church that is considering joining our support team. And for open doors to share the gospel with nonbelievers who are in our sphere of influence here in the Netherlands. Thank you!
1 Oct 2015: Please pray ...
- that God paves the way and shows us how to help the 2,000 refugees that will be entering our city in the coming weeks.
- for Eileen's complete healing following treatments for stage 1 breast cancer.
- that our friend from Iran would come to know Jesus as her Savior and Lord.
Please pray for several missionary colleagues who are "desperately" needed in our office in the Netherlands: senior accountant and two for Harry's department, Europe Media Services. Thank you!
Thank you for praying that we can keep up with our workloads by prioritizing well, being able to think clearly, and having the physical and mental energy necessary! We also appreciate prayers for continued healing for my (Eileen) wrist following surgery for Quervain's Disease. Thank you!!
- That Harry would be able to efficiently and accurately prepare the Airtime Budget Proposals for our region for the next budget year.
- For the healing of a woman in his department who is suffering with Lyme's Disease.
- Healing for Eileen from broken ribs and a sciatic nerve problem.
We returned five days ago from our 3-month Home Assignment, and now have just one week here before we travel again ... each for a week to separate places. Please pray for productivity, clear & creative thinking, and safe travels! Thank you!
For a productive writing sabbatical July 9-25 … a consecrated time to work on my late dad-in-law’s biography project (Eileen).
Harry often feels like he can’t keep up and that he is about ready to not meet a deadline. Please pray for good prioritization and that he would receive encouragement just when it’s needed.
For the provision of many colleagues needed in our region, including a detail-oriented administrative whiz for Media Services, the department Harry directs.
Our beloved 17.5-year-old French cat, Zoie (I got her when I was a single missionary in Paris), is being put to sleep the afterenoon of Nov. 5. Unfortunately, Harry is away on a TWR ministry trip. Please pray for a good connection to the Lord's comforrt and for real grieving to occur.