For some of you that title will bring to mind a 1960s song sung by the The Mamas & The Papas, and I selected it with that in mind. Though, my sole purpose is to draw attention to the upcoming live TWR Guam transmitter upgrade dedication at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, November 18, 2011, to the glory of God. Beyond that, I want to offer you an opportunity to celebrate with us through spreading the signal with “Waves of Hope,” and the possibility of winning iTunes gift cards and a new iPad. To act before the November 15, 2011 deadline, click here.
Here is the JudyBlog’s timeline:
- The call was given on August 20, 2010, to “Unlock These Doors!” Two newly upgraded digital, top-of-the-line 16-year-old Thomson transmitters were locked in shipping containers at our Guam site awaiting the provision of funds to complete the purchase of these God-provided units.
- By December 31, 2010, you had generously responded to the Guam transmitter project goal of $690,000 in amazing ways, and on January 12, I reported that “Blowing the Doors Off” was a reality. The goal was reached and exceeded and the project upgrade could proceed with the transmitter building modifications.
- On Monday, April 18, 2011, after 10 months of storage, the shipping container doors were unlocked. The transmitters saw the light! Two days later on a bright sunny morning, those two 250,000-watt Thomson transmitters (TX6) weighing 14,000 pounds each were lifted by a super-sized crane and moved to TWR’s transmitter building for placement. This testifies to “The Power of Unlocked Doors!”
- “Getting Wired” was the next step, and in July, I gave you an update and encouraged you to follow the progress of the “Love Asia by Radio” project by connecting to the TWR-Guam’s team blog: http://ktwrdrm.blogspot.com/.
- Now, to update you, one of the two transmitters has been tested and is online; the other is soon to follow. To celebrate this monumental event, TWR President Lauren Libby and radio host Scott Hollinger will present an on-air dedication of these two new transmitters during a live broadcast Friday morning, November 18 at 8:30-9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. The 30-minute broadcast will begin at 1330 UTC on a shortwave frequency of 15.4 megahertz in the 19 meter band. You can listen live on www.twr.org.
Through God’s gracious provisions, the gifts of so many like you and the involvement of several major Christian radio networks (Moody Radio, KCBI in Texas and KTIS-AM in St. Paul, Minnesota and Northwestern College), TWR’s Guam signal can spread and “Waves of Hope” can penetrate more effectively and redemptively into China and parts of Asia.
Leave a Reply
If you like this blog please take a second from your precious time and subscribe to my rss feed!