In his second letter to the Corinthians, the Apostle Paul encouraged the brethren to help him and his fellow disciples by praying for them. The purpose, Paul explained, is “…so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.”
On Friday, TWR-Africa Program Director John Ragsdale alerted me to the concerns they have for the ministry in West Africa and asked me to inform my faithful JudyBlog readers, so that we can unite in prayer for this region. Previously, Paul Cox, TWR missionary in Benin, wrote, “After careful observation and consideration of the situation of TWR in Benin, we believe that the time has come for intense prayer thanking and praising God for the fantastic things he has done and impassioned prayer against the spiritual forces of darkness…To this end, we’re asking God’s people to join us [TWR-Africa] in fasting and prayer the week of September 19-23.”
What a privilege we have to join together in prayer for these needs:
- Praise for the cooperation that TWR received from the appropriate governmental offices in Benin for the short wave license request. Pray that the short wave license for TWR’s Benin transmitting site will be approved within the parameters TWR needs for effective ministry in the West Africa region.
- Praise God that the title deed for the Benin broadcasting site has been approved by the necessary authorities. Pray for favor in the granting of the title deed for the Parakou office and housing complex.
- TWR-Benin is in immediate need of additional personnel: a broadcast engineer, a mechanic and maintenance employee and an administrative assistant.
- For TWR-Benin to receive its non-government organization (NGO) status. NGO status is equivalent to a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States.
- For the expansion of the ministry outreach to West Africa from Benin. Pray for sponsors for the airtime; partners who will provide programming; and effectual content for the programs.
TWR has aired programming from its Benin AM transmitter since February, 2008. There are more than 190 million potential West African listeners to the gospel aired from this transmitter. Pray that the seeds planted through the Word of God will be brought to fruition.
Please tell me that you’re praying with us. Thank you for your prayers.
Photo Credit: Benjamin Tangeman
If you like this blog please take a second from your precious time and subscribe to my rss feed!